They say the first step is acknowledging you have a problem. If you are not sure whether you have one, read on, for our 10 signs that you may have a wine buying problem. Our extensive research (mostly practical) indicates that if you score 5 or more out of 10, you are in trouble 🙂
We must admit that we get almost the same thrill from finding a wine treasure/bargain as we do drinking it; then there is the problem of how many to get. At least 3. One now, one at peak age and one to see how long it will last. Maybe 6, oh it’s the same freight for 12. So 12.
10 signs that indicate you may be in some strife;
1. You feel stressed that your cellar is full and you have no room for new purchases.
2. You purposely drink wine taking up valuable space that could be used for new wine.
3. Your spare bedroom looks like the dispatch area of a winery; full of boxes of wine.
4. Your garage has morphed into a cellar and the car stays parked in the driveway.
5. You feel like a bottle of wine with dinner however you have nothing you want to drink; what you really feel like is what you don’t have.
6. Your monthly wine budget exceeds your monthly food budget.
7. Your children/friends visit and find the spare room now has a wine fridge in it.
8. Wine rack assembly becomes a hobby.
9. Your tastes have changed and those 20 cases of Shiraz are taking up valuable Pinot space.
10. You plan dinner parties just to get through a few more bottles to free up space.
Enjoy wine responsibly peeps 🙂
Author: Neal (The Wine Wankers)