About The Wine Wankers
G’day – You’ve tripped through the vines of The Wine Wankers. We’re two major wine lovers who love talking about wine through social media. Humour is a central theme of our writing style, attempting to put the wine in context rather than churning out mind numbing descriptions of wine.
If you haven’t guessed already, our name is lashed in irony. To quote Urban Dictionary, a wine wanker is, “somebody who drinks wine pretentiously in the company of others to show off their knowledge and try to make other people feel inferior.”
We like to think of ourselves as the ‘anti wine wanker brigade’, aiming to make wine more accessible by taking the pretentiousness (real or perceived) out of the wine fraternity – ie, wine without the wankery.
If you are interested in partnering with us for promotions, please see our promotions page.
If you wish to send us samples, please read our samples policy.
For more of our own trumpet blowing please read this page!
- Social Vignerons 2017 top 20 wine influencers in the world
- Finalist for Australian Digital Wine Communicators of the Year 2015
- Social Vignerons 2016 top 20 wine influencers in the world
- Excel Wines Top 100 Most Influential Wine Blogs of 2015
- The Wine Hub top Klout scores in the wine industry
- An interview with wine influencers, The Wine Wankers
- Vinepair Wine Web Power Index